Open Class Home Arts
Welcome to the Maryland State Fair Home Arts Department!
I extend a warm welcome to you and invite you to take part in the 138th Maryland State Fair. We have something for everyone this year in the Home Arts Department, from special contests to great demonstrations.
Come enjoy friendly competition and see what your talented neighbors have exhibited. For your convenience you should pre-enter by mail (Maryland State Fair, P.O. Box 188, Timonium, MD 21094) or ONLINE, although we will be more than happy to accept walk-ins, but it is always helpful to have your ENTRY FORMS filled out ahead of time! There are many changes this year, so please read everything carefully.
Come and be a part of the Maryland State Fair!
Janice Coroneos, Superintendent
1. Entry times for the Home Arts Sections are as follows:
• Sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, L, N
(Use Land St. Entrance-Rear of Building)
• Section M
First Week Baking Show (Use Land St. Entrance)
• Second Week Baking Show (Use Land St. Entrance)
• 4-H Alumni Baking Show (Use Land St. Entrance)
2. No admission passes are furnished. Exhibitors admitted without charge during entry times. Others pay regular admission.
3. Entries must be the work of the exhibitor and entered in his/her name. Only 1 entry per class is accepted from any one exhibitor.
4. Entries not accepted unless there is a specific class for it in the premium list.
5. All entries must be fresh, clean and conform to size or content specifications.
6. All entries must have been completed since August 2018, except as noted.
7. Home Arts entries will be RELEASED TBA. Unclaimed exhibits become MSF property after TBA.
8. All prize money and ribbons must be picked up with exhibits when released. Decisions of the judges are final. At their discretion the judges may open and examine any entry and refuse to consider any entry for a prize.
9. Only residents of Maryland and adjoining states are eligible to enter.
10. A Fair President and an Anna Troyer ribbon will be awarded in each section. Honorable Mention ribbons do not receive prize money, but are awarded when the judges feel that an entry deserves special notice.
11. 2017 Special Award winners aren't eligible to receive 2018 Special Awards.
12. For your convenience, you should pre-enter with an ENTRY FORM by mail or INTERNET although, walk-ins will still be accepted.
CURRENT 2018 Home Arts Results (final)
2018 Printable Premium Book Sections
Section A - QUILTS
Section B - KNITTING, TATTING & LACE
Section C - CLOTHING
Section D - RUGS & HOOKING
Section E - COUNTED THREAD, COUNTED CROSS STITCH, EMBROIDERY & NEEDLEPOINT
Section F - WEAVING & SPINNING
Section G - FINE ARTS
Section H - PHOTOGRAPHY
Section K - FOOD PRESERVATION
Section L - CROCHETING
Section M - BAKED PRODUCTS & CANDY/4-H ALUMNI BAKING SHOW
Section N - CRAFTS & DECORATIVE ARTS
Hellen Burns Smyth Award
Forms & Entry System
2019 INTERNET ENTRY SYSTEM - System is now closed, but may be used to reference entries.
2019 ENTRY FORM
MD STATE FAIR HEAT SAFETY PREPAREDNESS:
Heat and Safety Preparedness
2019 Schedules (are subject to change)
2019 Open Class & 4H/FFA Exhibitor Schedule of Events!
2019 4H/FFA Exhibitor Schedule of Events!
2019 MSF Full Schedule of Events!